Tuesday, May 27, 2008

PI - Day 10

can you see him kite boarding??
We both got burnt pretty badly the day before…we used sun block but we were a little bit closer to the equator than our usual vacationing spots like Mexico and Hawaii. It made me tired and lazy but we had early plans to go horseback riding this morning and I wasn’t about to pass that up for a little sun burn…especially since it was our last real day on Boracay.


Since we’re both rookies when it comes to riding horses, we each had a tour guide (you need a tour guide for everything on this island!). My tour guide was crazy enough to walk around the streets barefoot! It took me a while to be comfortable while riding a horse, especially because my guide kept on hitting the back of my horse with a stick to make it go faster. I wasn’t really having that. But when I finally “became one” with the horse, it was too slow for me and I wanted it to run. But the hot weather and lack of water made it hard for my poor horsey to barely gallop, I felt bad for my little horse.


It was a longer ride to the beach than we thought but we finally made it! The other side of the island didn’t have the green algae but it had the wind. There were a lot of people kite boarding…Eric was tempted to learn but it looked pretty hard…and pricey.



When we got back to the other side of the beach, I was wearing my Havaianas sandals of course. They had a booth set up and were handing out GIANT FLIP FLOPS that FLOAT! I wanted one so bad so we went to the booth to see how I could get one. While I was standing there, a guy asked if he could interview me about my Havaianas flip flops. He asked me all sorts of questions about Boracay and my Havaianas…I raved about them even though I only have one pair J. I haven’t seen it pop up anywhere…but if you see me in an interview talking about my wonderful Havaianas flip flops…let me know!

I finally got my big flip flop floatie...but we still haven't gotten the chance to use it yet. We need to bust it out this summer.
Boracay is known fo their sand castles...they are everywhere and so pretty! they make them daily.

We ended our last night on Boracay with a big bowl of Halo Halo at a restaurant just outside our hotel…I didn’t think it was as awesome as Eric made it out to be, but it was still a pretty grub dessert. Corn and ice cream? Kinda weird…


these are my new best friends! I can't imagine how hot they are in all that...stuff

dinner was satisfying, we ate at a restaurant called Hobbitville. All the servers are, well, very short! our server was even a member so it was fun to chat with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment