Friday, January 30, 2009

Las Vegas: Consumer Electronic Show

So it's been a year since I've created this blog. How I know? Because CES was my very first post on this thing. Well, its that time again! We just got back from Vegas for the Consumer Electronic Show. We went to CES with our buddies Greg and Jalaine. And we met up with our friends David and Kim in Vegas. This is our 4th year going and we look forward to it every time. The best part about this show is we get to see the latest and greatest in electronics, including TV's, gaming, phones, and the main reason we go: car audio! We hit the car audio section first and check out all the new technology the boys will most likely be using in their day to day work. Then we hit everything else. You name it, it's at CES.
You can tell Eric was a little excited to get our badges...we felt really cool because we got them the night before and missed the lines. Greg and Jalaine were really excited too.

Greg and Eric looking at a new head unit and speakers in the alpine booth!
Among the latest electronics, they also have pimped out rides! This one above was a hit with the clan, murdered out, black on black. Since we're so into Scions, here's a nice lookin xB too.
They had this truck last year, but its huge, look at these tires and the hater vision! Yeah, that's a TV above the tire. I can think of better ways to spend my money!

What a coincidence, the license plate matches Eric's nick name and the name of our blog, almost :)

One of the biggest technologies this year, I thought, was 3-D television. We watched one where you needed to wear special glasses and one without, they both kind of gave me a headache so I'm fine with regular TV. Wonder how big of a hit they'll be. Another technology I thought was cool was this portable solar charger, it looks like a fan and you can use it anywhere to charge your phone, ipod, and other small electronics. Great for traveling! Just takes energy from the sun.


This is one of the slimest TV's ever made...I had to take a picture of how thin that is, I don't understand how they keep making TV's and monitors slimer and slimer, remember when they were HUGE (like the one in our office, its ginormous!). I think this is the thinnest TV's will ever get, can't get any smaller than that! But I may be surprised.

Since we were in Vegas we had to hit up the BUFFET!! We tried the Rio 2 years ago, Belagio last year (my absolute favorite) so we decided to try the Wynn because we'd only heard good things. It was the most expensive buffet but I thought it was worth it, I LOVED IT! I stole this picture from Jalaine's blog, thanks Jalaine! This is the inside of the Wynn Buffet, it's gorgeous, I felt like I was in Alice and Wonderland!


Greg and Jalaine finishing up dinner.

Biggie (David) and Kim eating dessert. After dinner we were all stuffed and could barely walk...so we cruised back to Southpoint and went bowling. Eric smoked everybody...or so he'd like to say! Eric had like 6 strikes and fell apart at the end because he lost to Greg by 1 point (it kills him to lose to Greg).

We had a great time and look forward to what the electronic world has to offer next year!

1 comment:

  1. Its about time for an update :) I've been checking! You guys are the Las Vegas King & Queen! I'm jealous your always there!! Miss you lots. Your going to be an aunt soon!

    ReplyDelete