Monday, June 8, 2009

pete & betta max

Two new additions to our family:




Pete and Betta Max, a.k.a African Dwarf Frog and a Betta. We thought of several names for them, like "hi little fish" so we could always say "hi little fish" when we talked to them...but we like Petey and Betta Max better (thanks Christina for helping us name Pete).


Rocks in one hand and Petey in the other. Eric and I were so excited to finally have 2 cute little buddies to hang out with...we would talk to them everyday! Pete and Max got along so well too, they would kiss, cuddle and always hang out together...sometimes they would fight and Max would flare his gills at him...but we could tell they were still the best of friends.

UNTIL...


TWO WEEKS LATER...


REST IN PEACE Betta Max!

Looks like we weren't cut out to have a fish, a BEGINNER fish at that! I am so sad we killed Max, I remember killing my goldfish as a kid and having to flush them down the toilet, but this experience was much more traumatizing. I don't think I could have another fish, we'll see, I need time to heal. Luckily, Petey is still alive and kickin' (he was our favorite anyway). I think he's lonely without Max, I'm wondering if we should get him friend...another fish?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I'm laughing! LOL I still remember the text Eric wrote to Greg early hours in the morning saying your fish had died. Sad! Maybe you should get another frog buddy for Pete?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry! We have seriously thought about getting a fish, but I fear that we wouldn't even last two weeks. So we just named the ones that pop up on our screen saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad! I think you for sure need to get another fish! Beta's look so nasty when they die too. Mine turned brown and flaked away (he died during the night) I still have the image burned into my brain. If you guys are getting pets - it means your baby hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Cyndol you should get another fish to keep the othr one company, I am so sorry your fish died. Yes I remmeber you flushing the fish down the toilet, and you were very sad.
    I VOTE GET ANOTHER FISH. WHO IS WITH ME?

    ReplyDelete