Monday, December 12, 2011

13 Days Left

...and I'm still lacking the thrill of the Christmas season. Which is rare for me because I'm usually itching to throw up the decorations the day after Thanksgiving. We don't have a tree, the stockings aren't hung (or made), I don't really have presents to buy or wrap (except for Leila), and it's not even snowing! Can you believe we live in Utah and it's been sunny almost everyday for the last few weeks? Normally I'd be ecstatic that it's been sunny and beautiful but it doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow. Bring on the snow!

All these things get me in the Christmas spirit, but not having our house in order has kinda put a damper on my mood and hasn't allowed us to do our usual Christmas traditions. I mean, this month has flown by and we haven't really done a thing to celebrate because we've been focusing all our attention on the new house...which has been fun but oh so exhausting.

I was going thru a pinning streak on Pinterest when I stumbled upon this post and this post. Think these ideas will get me in the mood and help me to keep Christ in Christmas. Which is can be hard to remember sometimes. I pinned this quote this week: May we be consumed with the Creator of all things rather than with things created. Love it.

Speaking of Pinterest, I have a love hate relationship with the site. I'm pinning all these things I know I'll never make, rooms I know I'll never have, and outfits I know I'll never wear. I'm kinda overwhelmed with all the ideas and things I can make. Sometimes I just need to stop. But I still love it and can't help to see the creative things people come up with. In the back of my mind I think I'll make all the DIY crafts and gourmet food I've pinned. I will say that I've found it at the perfect time...so much inspiration out there of ways to decorate the new crib.

Moving on...we have done one festive thing...we took Leila and her cousin Audrey to see Santa. Here's a lovely picture of a picture. Leila wasn't uber happy to see him but at least she didn't cry or throw a fit. I just don't know what she's doing with her hands. I was really impressed, though I secretly wanted a picture of her screaming because I think it would have been funny. I love those pictures. Maybe next year.


Starting tomorrow, everyday Leila and I are going to do something festive. Tomorrow we're off to the fabric store to make stockings. 

2 comments:

  1. you secretly wanted a picture of her crying?! i so badly wanted a picture of jadie looking just like leila! she looks so sweet. good luck with your stockings, i am anxious to see what you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm exactly the same way with pinterest. i have SO many pins that i know i'll never do, but i cant help it! maybe we should have a craft day when we actually make something we pinned :)

    ReplyDelete