Monday, December 19, 2011

"Lights"

Lately Leila's favorite word is "lights". That's probably because every time we drive by homes with Christmas Lights I say, "Leila, look at the lights". She then points and says, "lights". So being that Christmas is less than a week away now, last night took a drive down Christmas Street in Sugarhouse to show Leila lots of beautiful lights.

But before we headed out for the night, we made our first attempt at building a pre-made gingerbread house. Can't be that hard, right?


We failed miserably because it fell apart shortly after we built it. I'm only a perfectionist when it comes to certain things and let's just say we didn't try hard enough to make it look cute. We're amateurs when it comes to gingerbread house building and almost resorted to using elmers glue. Looks just like the icing but decided to eat it instead. 


With a happy belly full of sweets, we were off to see the lights in the comfort of our warm, toasty car (Leila doesn't last too long in the bitter cold weather). Driving through Christmas Street has been a tradition since we got married. My next favorite neighborhood displays the story of Jesus' birth in Luke and continues to his adulthood in Matthew. Eric and I take turns reading the scriptures out loud. I really want to live on this street so I can be apart of this tradition. Eric and I talked about starting a Christmas Street in our neighborhood...wishful thinking.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was a Christmas Street! Very cool! What a fun night doing the gingerbread house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister uses hot glue to glue hers together :)

    ReplyDelete