Monday, July 21, 2008

Spontaneous Trip to Vegas

My parents were in the neighborhood - Las Vegas...only 4.5 hours away instead of 12 - and since they were so close they wanted us to go out and spend the weekend with them. Initially we weren't going to go because we both had to work and couldn't get out of it. But I really wanted to see my parents because I haven't seen them since October...so I was pretty homesick for them. We contemplated going because it would be a short trip - but we figured we should be the spontaneous people we are, so we decided to make the quick trip out there. When I called my mom 5 minutes before we hit the road, she was so happy she almost started crying - we're very close. We got on the road at about 11:30pm Saturday night after we both got home from work (and after my car got broken into). We arrived early in the morning and crashed at their hotel, The Stratosphere. It's pretty ghetto and I wouldn't reccommend it to anybody - unless it's free like it was for my parents.




We all slept in a woke up to go to the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio - the best buffet in Vegas. It ended up being breakfast lunch and dinner - we ate so much we could barely walk. But being the munch mouths we are, we had a midnight snack too.

(midnight snack restaurant)

The rest of the day we just hung out, went swimming and lounged (we go to vegas so often we don't really care about the sights, this trip is our 3rd trip since January).




My parents had to head for the road to make it to work the next morning so they left at 7pm - so we only got to see them for a few hours but it was worth it - it gave me my "fix" until we make our trip to California in August.


After they left we went up to the stratosphere. My parents got free tickets and I've always wanted to go up there - but the elevator ride alone is like 12 bucks so we can never justify it, so I was excited.



I wanted to go on the rides but Eric was too scared - he said he didn't want to pay 15 bucks for a ride, but I know that was just a cover up because he was too chicken. When we have kids I think he's gonna be the one taking them on the kiddie rides while I go on the real rides with my family (we always get season tickets to Great America).
We headed out the next day - since we've never been to the Las Vegas Temple I wanted to stop by and check it out (it was closed), it's beautiful! Once we got In-n-Out Burger we headed home. It was a fun, short, random vacation.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen pictures of your parents. Glad it was a good short trip.

    ReplyDelete