Monday, July 6, 2009

slc vs. san jose

Friday we went to the Real game. I was stoked because they were playing the San Jose Earthquakes. I wasn't sure who to cheer for, San Jose (20 min south of my hometown and where I was going to go to college before I moved to Utah) or my current town...I ended up cheering for Real, of course. We got awesome seats (only paid $9.50 each on U92's website instead of $30 on Real's for the same exact seats). We were next to the band...they are so full of energy, and as usual, are non-stop. I just love the band because they set the tone/mood for the game and get everyone - at least us - amped for the game.
We received American Flags at the entrance of the game to celebrate the 4th of July, and had fireworks at the end of the game. They played patriotic songs during the firework show, it made me feel very proud to be an American.

The score was 1-1. The Earthquakes scored in the 2nd half of the game and Real scored in last 5 min, so it was pretty intense towards the end.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun game and way to celebrate! We have never been to a Real Game before, but that looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, we want to go to a real game!

    ReplyDelete