Saturday, January 30, 2010

i can bake an apple pie

That's right, I'm not the best baker, nor do I ever bake pies from scratch, but yes, I made this beauty. Emily was going to make a homemade apple pie for her family Thanksgiving dinner, and dessert was my assignment too. So Emily showed me her mad skills and shared her family recipe with me.

I felt proud walking in the door to my in-laws with a homemade apple pie in my hands (homemade in its entirety - including the crust), instead of the store bought pies I was planning on. But store bought pies aren't as tasty nor as fun. Thanksgiving is about cooking with your family and friends and making a meal filled with love. I was nervous to try the pie - I mean, it can't be too hard to mess this up, especially with Em's help...but I could find a way. And I'm always nervous for people to eat my food, but it was a hit. Everyone loved it and were so impressed with my skills. Thanks Em for the help and for making me look like a baker. Now my family wants me to bake them an apple pie, once a year is plenty.

3 comments:

  1. Its about freaking time for a post. I almost gave up on you! Love your apple pie though - that is crazy impressive. I would have no idea! I have to know what you've been up to?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you are back to blogging. Congratulations on your first apple pie! What an accomplishment. Now you can come over and teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO CYNDO!!! Pies are scary to me, thats really impressive :)

    ReplyDelete