Friday, January 29, 2010

where to start?

I've been dreading to blog again because my last post was Halloween, its now January and I'm so far behind in the blogging world I don't know where to begin... do I go back or start from here on out? But...the reason I like to blog is so I can look back at it. Therefore, I want to put things in chronological order so I can remember all the things we did that year and not have too many gaps (I have the worst memory and if it weren't for pictures or blogging, I wouldn't remember all the cool things we do together). Over new years, Eric and I reminisced about the year 2009, it was such a good year and we did so much, many things I didn't even blog about. So my goal is to blog more frequently this year...so I can record our many adventures together and be able to look back at it and remember the good times.

ANOTHER REASON I'm glad I started a blog is because about a month ago our somewhat new laptop (less than a year old) CRASHED AND EVERYTHING ON OUR HARD DRIVE WAS LOST!!! Including the most important thing to me: our thousands of pictures! I was devastated! Since Eric works at Best Buy, we had our savviest Geek Squad friends work on our laptop and they could do NOTHING to recover the data, the only option was to pay the few hundred bucks to have some company recover the data, we talked about it but never came to a conclusion. I don't know if my pictures are worth that much, well they are to me but that's a lot to fork out.

Oh, but Eric works at Best Buy you say? So we must have EVERYTHING backed up right? WRONG! We have an external hard drive but the last time we backed up our computer was last February, I know, we should know better and whats the point of having one if you don't back up your crap. So everything before last Feb was saved, that's a whole year of pictures, homework assignments, papers...all gone. But luckily I blog, and no matter what happens to my computer, as long as the pictures are on the internet they will remain there forever.

Yay! So, we learned our lesson, we are going to backup our computer much more often, but I am also going to continue uploading my many pictures to Facebook and Blogger so I can have them just in case something terrible happens again. So, as always I'm going back...

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry that happened! That's one of my biggest fears because we have thousands of pictures of Boston on our laptops! I will take this as a warning to back our computers up more often too! And that is a really good point about blogging just in case that happens!

    ReplyDelete