Thursday, March 29, 2012

last day of gymnastics

Leila successfully completed her first semester of gymnastics! I've always wanted to put my daughter in gymnastics so this was a fun experience. I'm happy to say that I think she gained something from it too. She learned how to "swing" (as Leila calls it - pretty much where you hang from a bar), follow directions-ish and mimic what the teacher was doing. She also learned to run and jump on the long trampoline, crawl through tunnels, and kinda walk along the beam (if she wasn't fighting me to do so). 

I enjoyed taking Leila to gymnastics but I also looked forward to the end of class because that's when they blew bubbles and handed out stickers...the only time she sat still and stayed with the rest of the group. She did well for her age and I'm proud of the things Leila learned. We'll probably wait until the Fall semester to sign up for another class, when she's a little older and can better understand and follow directions.


Upon completing the class Leila received a ribbon that says, "Star Gymnast". 20 months old and she already has a ribbon? So exciting, I'm a very proud mother. Now we just have to find the perfect spot to hang it.

Oh, and anytime she sees a bar to hang from, she runs towards it and yells, "swing". At first she hated the bar so I'm happy to see she's learned to love it. This happens at restaurants, stores, anywhere with a bar - the kind that usually forms a line. 

4 comments:

  1. How fun! And so cute! What a fun experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Bravo,First Ribbon and she is not even two yearsl cool!!! Leila you are the champion yeahhh, viva, viva, you are soooo precious, beautiful e inteligente de pilón, Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Bravo,First Ribbon and she is not even two yearsl cool!!! Leila you are the champion yeahhh, viva, viva, you are soooo precious, beautiful e inteligente de pilón, Love you,

    ReplyDelete