Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tag

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper for sure, gift bags are no fun to open!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real all the way, however, since I've been married we've been too broke to buy a real one. So we've done a fake one the last 2 Chiristmases. We haven't even put up our Christmas decorations this year because we are moving next week :(

3. When do you put up the tree? If I had it my way, before Thanksgiving. You put up all those decorations for only a month, you should enjoy it longer. I just love how the house feels with the decorations, so homey. Eric won't let me put it up before Thanksgiving though, he says putting up Christmas decorations before another holiday is ILLEGAL! I think not!

4. When do you take the tree down? Parents house, after the new year, my house, maybe before new years - I've only done it twice so I don't really remember :(

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Eggnog ice cream is so so good too.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The same as every child's favorite gift, their first bike! The one I'm talking about is the plastic kind with 3 wheels...pink and white. I loved it, I have so many pictures driving it inside the house - oh the good ol' days.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Growing up, no one in my family - my parents loved anything I picked out, such good parents! However, Eric's brother Greg is the hardest to shop for now, he owns his own shop so he has everything he wants!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom - she always wants me to buy her something cute and fashionable. I can usually do a good job of that.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course, I got one just like my mom's and abuelita's from Mexico, bought it last summer during our trip to Mazatlan. The prettiest one you'd ever seen.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...who emails Christmas cards?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have the worst memory and can't think of one...I can never answer this question. One of these days I'll remember the worst gift. However, when its not from my parents or hubby (they should know what I want), its the thought that counts - so I'm happy to get one even if it's the worst!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Gosh, I can't think of just one. I love The Santa Clause, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1 and 2, Elf, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street. I absolutely love Christmas movies. All the ones on Lifetime and ABC Family are great too. Now that we got a DVR, I recorded every Christmas movie on T.V. Its so nice.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In December - I haven't even started this year. isn't that horrible???

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? A whilte elephant gift, not a real one. Actually, yeah. When people give me soaps and lotions that I know I'll never use (I never use the pretty smelly body washes) - sorry! But I don't re-gift it for Christmas - just give it away.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's arroz con leche, eggnog, ginger bread cookies, anything pumpkin.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, multi-colored or white. Haven't decided.

17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them, no joke! Christmas is my favorite time of year - I start listening before Thanksgiving. I love I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause, Jingle Bell Rock, Up on The Housetop, Feliz Navidad, Ya Llego La Navidad, Los Peces En El Rio...etc.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home - most of the time. With my family we would sometimes rent a time share in Mazatlan, Lake Tahoe, or Washington.

19. Any holiday traditions? Drive down Candy Cane Lane and have the Firefighters hand out candy canes with Santa...in Redwood City.

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? let's see, Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Vixen, Commit, Cupid, Blitzen...that all of them?

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? A pretty shiny star...however, at the Festival of Tree's everyone had sticks sticking straight up out of the top of the tree. It was pretty. Good idea for next year.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One gift on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? As much as I love christmas songs, playing the same ones 24/7. Rude people at the malls/stores.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Eclectic. Different ornaments with special meaning behind them. My family never had a theme, however, I'm thinking of creating a theme this year and having them all match.

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Similar to Thanksgiving dinner - ham, roles, etc.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? To spend it with my family!

Thanks Jalaine for the Tag, this was a fun one!
Now I tag: Andrea, Abbey, Emily T., Christina...and anyone else who wants to do this tag :)

4 comments:

  1. You're moving?!! Spence and I are upset about that! By the way you missed Dasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header! And all the fun pictures on the side are so cute! And what...you're moving!! I really need to call you and chat...I feel like I haven't done that in forever! Well, the Christmas tag was way cute. Loved reading it. And as for your question on my blog...GRE is not going so well. I think I've picked up the book maybe twice and then fallen asleep. I guess that's what happens when I have a baby that gives me no sleep! Eventually I'll study and take it...eventually!! How's yours coming along, probably way better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo cute. Thanks for asking me to keep in touch. I was telling Olga the other day that I always thought you were so nice and just had a good little spirit about you...then in class you said, "We should be friends!" That made me smile. Thanks so much. I haven't been blogging much since finals have started...but I need to post a few things. Once finals are over and the new year starts, I'm going to start a facebook account and I'll put you on as a friend there too. Thanks for your happy personality and your friendliness.

    By the way, you and your husband look so cute together. Cute wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of answers! Looks like your having a great December :) I hope you guys have a great Christmas!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete