Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bored

Now that it's cold out, we're getting bored with our routine of reading books and playing with toys. I want something new to try with Leila indoors and do activities that will get that brain of hers working.

I googled "activities to do with your 15 month old", I didn't search long but this is what I found so far:

-play with shaving cream on the highchair
-make homemade edible playdoh or finger paints
-let her pull tissue apart - which she does all the time and apparently it helps with their dexterity
-color with fat crayons (less breakable than the skinny ones)
-use the crib mattress as a slide



We tried the slide and she loved it for about 15 minutes. I was talking to my friend and she told me about a blog called Modern Parents Messy Kids. My lack of creative ideas seem to have been cured...for now. This website has tons of activities for kids to do at home. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's running out of ideas so I wanted to share.

This week I think we'll try the mess free pumpkin decorating ideas and DIY edible fingerpaints.

Fellow mommy friends...any more ideas??

1 comment:

  1. you know i am fresh out of ideas. i did give her shaving cream to play with for a bit in the tub but then i got nervous she'd eat it when i wasn't looking and i didn't think that would be too healthy. do you know? i should let her play on her mattress tomorrow. im going to check out that website you shared.

    ReplyDelete