Friday, October 14, 2011

Star Struck

John Gidding from HGTV's Curb Appeal: The Block was in Salt Lake for the Home Show...and we got to see him! Woot woot!

When there's nothing else on, we'll usually watch Curb Appeal or House Hunters so I was so stoked to see him, besides he's not that hard to look at. 


I asked him lots of questions, got his autograph, and snapped a photo. Learned lots about the show, where he got to where he is now, and oh, lots more. 

I love shutters on homes because it's a perfect way to add a pop of color. I heard it was a faux pas to add shutters on double wide windows because it's obvious that the shutters don't work. Eric and I discussed this issue for a while when we read about it on a blog and we both agree it's fine because it's for decorative purposes but don't want to have a design faux pas on our future home so at the expo I made sure to ask the guru of curb appeal this very important question. 

The verdict:

"Cynthia, I say go for it! Since the shutters aren't a functioning piece to begin with, you're not putting them up for function but for decorative purposes so they don't need to appear functional. But be sure not to hang them on the frame of the window like most people do". - John Gidding.

I didn't know what to expect from the home show, but it wasn't what we expected at all. At least John saved the day and made it worth it. Don't think we'll hit up the next one.

1 comment:

  1. call me lame, but i think house hunters is boring. its the same thing over and over. however, you better believe i will be watching when youre on! then it will be the most exciting thing ever.

    p.s. you're on a blogging roll!

    ReplyDelete