Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Don't have too much planned for tonight, we'll probably just take Leila trick or treating with some friends. I've kinda slacked off this year and have procrastinated our costumes. Well, I procrastinate everything so that's nothing new. I don't go Christmas shopping until a week before Christmas and don't send out birthday cards until AFTER someone has had a birthday. It's the Mexican in me, what can I say. I'll try to be on top of it this Christmas and will actually send our Christmas cards on time. Last year they didn't even make it out!

Back to Halloween. I still need to complete Leila's costume. I was going to get ambitious and make her a Princess Leia costume but just never made it a priority and we didn't have huge plans this year so that's my excuse.

Well, now it's October 31st and we still have no costumes...for all 3 of us! So this year Leila is stuck with an outfit that Abuelita sent her - but it's so cute and thought it could be her Halloween costume anyway so no biggie. She's gonna be a little geisha. And she'll be the cutest geisha around! I still need to make her a little hat with a bun. I really wanted to dress up as a family but better luck next year. Eric will probably be Justin Bieber and I'll be a crazy Bieber fan! I know it's a cop out because everything we need for the costume will just come out of our closet. Oops!

Two years ago Eric and I were Juno and Paulie Bleeker, little did I know I was actually like 2 weeks pregnant!


Last year, Eric was the paparazzi and I was a celebrity...Leila was just a little 3 month old skeleton.


We'll see what I can pull out of my magic cap today.

Anyway, we've coped out on the costume but not so much on the festivities...

Rachel and Ben have a cute tradition of carving pumpkins while eating chili in bread bowls and invited us to join in on the fun. It's the season of soups, hot chocolate, and cider so why not enjoy it while carving pumpkins? It's perfect and am totally stealing it for next year.


It was a nice change having the boys around for our monthly GNO.


We didn't get around to carving pumpkins because we had too much fun talking so it gave us something fun to do yesterday.


Leila didn't really appreciate getting her hands dirty. 


Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. leila looks SO cute sitting next to the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to erin's comment- her smile is so cute! and i loved your previous costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a lot of fun. I love Leila's pony tails her hair is growing longer I love mi hermosa niƱa linduras de la vida de la abuela. She did look cute as a Geisha. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete