Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easter 2009

I love Easter, next to Christmas, Easter is one of my favorite holiday's. I love what Easter represents. I love the Savior and celebrating his sacrifice and the love he has for us. Easter to me also means the start of Spring...warm weather, flip flops, cute skirts, pretty flowers, pretty colors etc.

Luckily we were able to spend it with my family this year. I haven't spent Easter with my family since I moved out here 5 years ago, so this was a real treat for me. We spent the night at my sisters and woke up to this cute Easter basket: The Easter bunny ate all the carrots that were left out the night before (not really, everyone in my family - except Eric, he hates raw carrots - ate a carrot so Kelley would think the bunny stopped by). The Easter Bunny gave us all baskets. Kelley got 2 trucks, he was so excited because that's all he plays with now, he must have about 50 toy trucks. After we opened our baskets and got ready, we headed to my parents and had an Easter egg hunt for my nephews. It was fun hiding the eggs, I haven't done that since I've moved out here because there is no one to hide eggs for. We hid them well, almost too good :)My dad still had some responsibilities at church, so as we waited for him to have Easter dinner, we enjoyed the weather on the porch and took LOTS of pictures.


The three girls. Me, my sister and niece Ashlee. Ashlee is growing up so fast. I was five when she was born, I was more of her play buddy than her aunt. I wasn't a very good aunt to Ash either, we were 5 years apart, can you blame me? Despite the small age difference, I still see her as my little annoying niece. But she's not anymore, she just had her senior PROM last weekend. She graduates from high school next month and just got accepted to Chico State - party school! I'm so proud of her and can't believe how fast she's growing up.

Here we look like we love each other, but we still get into our fights. My mom would always tell me to be nice to Ash and "play nice" but years later I still can't be nice to that brat! I admit, I'm a brat too. That's just how we show our love, kind of, my mom still doesn't get that.
The boys: Billy, Jimmy, and Eric. So glad Jimmy came down from Oregon to party with us! Next time Annette needs to join him. We missed you Annette!

Here again, Billy is missing in the sibling (and niece and hubby) photo! I don't know where he snuck off to...
But we got Billy and Iris in this one!
Ash and Kelley...sibling love.

The other three girls, me, my mom and Ashlee.

Finally my Dad came home and we were able to start the feast. We had ham and all that juicy goodness that comes along with Easter dinner. I loved spending this special season with my family. I just miss them so much and can't wait to live closer to them...one day we will. California is waiting for us.

THE END...ok, not really. I still have one last post from our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment