Thursday, May 21, 2009

friends in the city

I can't leave home without catching up with my good ol' high school friends. We met up in San Francisco and had dinner. Veronica just moved there and Vanessa is attending USF. I love the city and would move there in a heartbeat, if our pocket books could afford it, SF would probably be our number one choice!

We spent so much time catching up that by the time we decided to have dinner a lot of places were closed, and I thought Utah County was bad for closing everything at 9, but it turns out that most places close at 10 in the city, only an hour later - but that hour seems to make a big difference sometimes. So we headed over to Mels Diner, not the best food in town but they stay open late, I was craving a good shake anyway.
Here we are with the best seat in the house: Eric, Me, Vanessa, Veronica, Adriana, Kike. Kike just proposed to Adriana a couple weeks ago and they are getting married sometime next year. I'm so excited for them, they are high school sweethearts and have been dating for 8 years. Kike is like my cousin and Adriana is a great friend. I can't wait for them to tie the knot.
We missed Claudia, Maricela, and Iris during this little reunion. Claudia and Maricela are both pregnant and are due in September, both 2 days apart and both having boys. What are the odds? I'm so excited for them and can't wait to go out there in September to see their babes. This couldn't have worked out better in my favor because now I only have to go out there once :)
Can you tell I took this picture? I'm not very good at taking the picture when I'm in it, I usually cut some one's head off, in this case its mine.
Another group picture but with a better view. We're outside Vero's house. She lives on probably one of the steepest streets in SF. Let me tell you, we had a hard time parking in our stick. Vero was so kind as to let us park in her drive way so we wouldn't further damage our clutch (we left a pretty bad smell). Its a pretty narrow street and she says if we don't park close enough to the curb when the bus comes they'll chop our mirrors or doors off and don't even care. Looks like if we move to the city we'll be trading in our tC for an automatic. The view of the lights were gorgeous, this picture doesn't do it justice.
I love my friends and am glad we still keep in good touch, we could go months without talking or seeing each other but that doesn't change a thing. Those are the best kinds of friends. I'm done posting about our trip to cali...yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment