Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lettin' Loose

I'm working on letting Leila get dirty and be a kid. She kept making her way towards this puddle and I kept chasing after her not wanting her to get wet and filthy. Finally I gave in and realized I just need to let go and not worry so much...she needs to build a good immune system anyway. You can tell the girls were having a little too much fun in the puddle, kept them busy for a while and allowed Erin, Cristina and I to talk uninterrupted.


After a little splashing, Bella, Jadie, and Leila enjoyed some refreshing watermelon. 


At this time, we had no idea this would be the last play date Jadie, Bella, and Leila would have in a long time. I'm glad I didn't know because I don't think I would have been able to handle it. Exactly one week from this day at Erin's house, Erin and James packed up and moved to Las Vegas. It all happened so fast, last Wednesday James had an interview with a law firm in Las Vegas and the next day he got the job! A couple days later their house was packed and empty and by Monday they were in Vegas. We're so, so happy for them to be moving on in life but I can't describe how much we will miss them, it was so hard to see such amazing friends go.

Luckily, they're only 5 hours away (closer than their origional plans of moving to California). I'm going to miss the days of the 3 girls playing together. We only started doing these play dates in February but the 3 of us instantly connected and became such good friends. You better believe we've already started planning our next visit to Las Vegas to visit them.

Slowly, our friends are moving away. We have friends in many parts of the country...that's what becoming grown ups and getting RJ's is all about but I think we'll be around for a while. Especially since my parents will be moving here soon. I can't wait for that day to come.

3 comments:

  1. I love the babies playing in the mud and having fun eating watermelon, when they get older they will be laughing about their pictures. I love Leila balancing herself one leg in the air, and making cute faces. Dad and I will be there soon to have fun, we can play, dance, sing, and just enjoy life party!!!!!. Love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, i'm glad at that time i didnt know it would be our last playdate with all 3 girls for awhile cuz i would've been too sad. i already miss our little trio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww i read this first on cristinas blog, i hadnt realized you blogged it already. im glad i didnt know either. i hate goodbyes and i wouldnt have been able to fully enjoy the moment had i known wed be moving in just one week. i am sad for jadie that she is far from her two best friends, but we are hoping youll come to visit sometime in the near future. we love you three! p.s. exciting that your parents are planning to move out to be closer to you too. how soon?

    ReplyDelete