Saturday, January 29, 2011

29/365






Our goal this year is to buy a home. We've dreamed about settling down in Sugarhouse. I'm drawn to the tree lined streets and unique, quaint homes with character. It reminds me of back home, Palo Alto specifically. I love the urban vibe of Sugarhouse, its artsy, cool, and doesn't feel like Utah. But most of the homes in our price range are old and need a lot of renovating. Eric and I like the idea of renovating a home and customizing it to how we want but we don't really have the time or energy. New construction is so blah...and BEIGE! Cookie-cutter homes in BFE are not for us.

And then we discovered Daybreak! This is new construction at its finest. What I love about Daybreak is that the homes are mixed in with other things that make life flavorful: lake, trails, shops, restaurants, good schools, swimming pools, community gardens, "beaches", kayaking, trax (in august) etc.

We checked out daybreak right after Leila was born and knew it was the place for us...although I can't believe we are going to become west sider riders...blah. I never wanted to live on the other side of the freeway again, but this place is different.

We've had our eye on some homes and have a real estate agent. We hope to move to daybreak by the end of the year! We can't wait!

Later that night we met up with some friends we haven't seen in ages, Danny and Alex. They introduced us to this uber authentic Thai place. The owner came to our table and talked our ear off. I love when owners of restaurants do that too. She told us her whole life story, how she moved here from Bangkok, met her husband who served in Thailand, has several kids in med school, works 90 hours a week, makes ALL the food from scratch daily at 5am, etc., etc. etc.. She is one sweet lady and a hard worker...but we hardly got to chat with our friends. And the restaurant was happening too.

Oh, and she said the coolest thing to me. She asked me if I was still nursing Leila. I have no idea how she knew because I didn't whip it out at the restaurant, I asked her know she knew and she said Leila looks like a very healthy baby and she can just tell. Wow. That was a huge compliment to me. We will definitely make the trek to Sandy for that orgasimic massaman curry and pad thai. Best. Thai. Food. Ever. Period. Check it out: Simply Thai.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to have found your blog :)

    mmm...love curry. Someday when we come and visit you in your new house, we will get some take-out!

    ReplyDelete