Monday, January 30, 2012

my encounter with yet another HGTV star

How could I be so lucky to run into my style icon, Emily Henderson, on a whim at my favorite consignment shop? Emily is all about shopping at antique stores, so if I were to run into her at any store in Salt Lake City it'd definitely be at Elemente.

Hands down, Emily is the most amazing stylist...ever. If I could have anyone style our home it would be her. This might sound crazy, but I have 8 episodes of her show saved on our DVR for design inspiration and follow her blog on the weekly.

We stopped in Elemente to find something pretty to fill our new home. Eric went inside first while I stayed in the car with Leila since she'd fallen asleep. As I was waiting in the car I see like 6 girls walk into the shop, I thought to myself, Eric better snatch up the good stuff before they do. 5 minutes after they walked in I got this message:


Apparently he went up to Emily and her posse of friends and the conversation went like this:
Eric: "Can I ask you a really embarrassing question?".
Emily: "Sure".
Eric: "Are you Emily Henderson?".
Emily: "Yeah. That's not embarrassing at all, its flattering".
Eric: "My wife is a really big fan of yours and she's in the car watching our sleeping baby. She would love to meet you. Can I go get her?".
Emily: "Go get her, I would love to meet her".


Wow, when Eric told me he'd spoken to her...and mentioned ME I couldn't believe he did that for me. My heart melted and if what Eric did doesn't say true love, I don't know what does. It's the little things he does that I love most.

Eric didn't text me back after I asked him if it was her and when he came running out of Elemente I knew it was Emily! He came to take over watching Leila and I told him no, we're waking the baby and we're all getting out of the car. I was so nervous to meet her and asked Eric, how do I look?

I went up to Emily, looking at a rad piece of vintage furniture with her beautiful friends surrounding her, and said "Hi Emily". So awkward.

We started jabbering and snapped a picture. She is so sweet and beautiful. We recommended she go to Green Ant and she said they were just there. Eric asked her if she was here for Sundance and she said she was here for Alt Summit - where the most popular bloggers in the country gathered over the weekend.

We went to Green Ant after and there she was again, she had contemplated getting some leather chairs and was back to buy them. We chatted some more, about her show, the furniture she was buying, how she was going to ship it, the episode we want to to style our home after, etc. Love her even more.

Here's where she talked about The Green Ant on her blog, and this episode is how I'd love to style our new home.

2 comments:

  1. OHHHH EMMMM GEEE! you are so lucky! this is awesome! i love secrets from a stylist!
    jealous.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!! This is so cool!! I love her too she is my HGTV Fav!

    ReplyDelete