Friday, February 10, 2012

for freeeeee???

We got these babies for freeee! (quote Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories).


We didn't win these beauties...and we didn't have to pay a dime for them.

My new Ginsu knife set and my new Rachael Ray 10 piece cookware set came due to the hard work of my husband. Eric worked long hours for them. Best Buy offers a reward program for selling certain items, the more items you sell from that list, the more points you receive. He doesn't sell things from that list intentionally, but if he does then he gets points. This place - not affiliated with Best Buy - offers everything from books, to expensive jewelry, to toys, to car seats, to 12 person Jacuzzi tubs, to trips, to cars, to appliances...I think I made my point. We've been thinking long and hard about what we wanted to get with the points he'd earned because we want to spend them already.

At first Eric was going to buy me this beautiful Michael Kors rose gold watch that I've been eyeing forever, I told him to be selfish and use the points on him since he earned them, not me. Then we were going to get an over the range microwave for our new kitchen, then a kitchen aid, then Eric wanted a shuffle board, but we ultimately decided on a new cookware set. Boring? Kinda. But we're coming up on 6 years of marriage and I think we need to throw another party because everything we own is falling apart. 

Our pots and pans were disgusting and some of the non stick was coming off in our food - sooo not healthy. Our knives were dull, our sheets are ripping to the point that we just need to throw them away, our towels have seen better days, our blender doesn't blend, I could go on. 

So we decided on a necessity. Eric wasn't as excited as I was but I swear the man enjoys cooking more than I do so it was a win win - such a good guy. I am loving these new items in our kitchen. How domestic do I sound to enjoy getting new cookware...over a list where we could chose anything. Well, I'm sure most people would enjoy new cookware so I take that back. 

There were many cookware sets to chose from but we chose Rachael Ray's hard anodized cookware set because of the reviews. Stainless steel is too high maintenance for us and we wanted something safe that wouldn't leek into our food like aluminum. We've had them for 2 weeks now and I love cooking so much more. I almost don't want to use them because they are so pretty and perfect. Our last set had so many scratches and I don't want these to turn that way. That's why I'm babying them.

Did you know that you're not supposed to cook anything above medium heat on the stove because it can warp your pans? And it recommended to put paper towels in between your pots and pans when you store them as not to scratch them, doing that too. What else, oh, we all already know that we need to wait til the pan cools before washing it?

We had extra points so we got a knife set and I'm so glad we did. Wow, I had no idea what I was missing out on. They cut anything like butter. Enough said. 

I'm one happy wife. Happy wife = happy life. 

Big thanks to my hubby for working so hard, very proud of him! Our next goal is to get that 12 person hot tub, but it's like 50,000 points! No pressure babe.

3 comments:

  1. so awesome! nice job eric! and ya no pressure, but a 12 person hot tub would be the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Eric, your a champion on sales.

    ReplyDelete