Saturday, February 11, 2012

we love when friends come to visit

Greg and Jalaine were passing through last week on their way to LA so we got to meet up with them for dinner. Since they moved to Idaho 2 years ago, we don't get to see them much. We beg them to move back all the time and are waiting til the day when they call Utah home again. We miss the friends we would do everything with.

On their way home back the Idaho from LA they stayed with us for 2 whole nights! We were so excited to get to spend real time with them. The last time we got to spend this much time with them was when we went to visit them for Mason's blessing last December. But this time was even better because it was just the 4 of us + the kiddos, how spoiled were we! Having them here forced us to clean/organize our basement.

I cleaned the nasty basement bathroom for the first time since we moved in, mopped the floors because they were still dusty from the renovations, washed the sheets, cleared out boxes, and brought the bed over from my in-laws. My in-laws were kind enough to give us an extra bed they had in their basement. It's a full so Greg and Jalaine had to spoon all night long. But it's so, so comfy...way comfier than our bed. I hope that makes up for the size. I'm half tempted to put it in our room because I wake up sore every morning from our old, crappy bed. After the first 30 min of cuddling, we like our space so the full won't really cut it.

Yay for our very first guests to stay in our home...it kicked our butts in gear.

Leila spilled her egg drop soup all over me.
Yes, that is a tutu over her PJs, she asked for it and loves wearing tutu's over her clothes.
Lexi drew us a portrait. That's me, Eric, and Leila. It's so cute, even without arms.
Having the Lasseks here was such a treat! It was like the old days when we would stay up well past midnight playing games, talking, and stuffing our faces with way too much junk food. The kids obviously had a ball together. Leila and Mason were so sweet together. I hardly recognize Lexi anymore, she's huge.

They really need to move back already.

2 comments:

  1. Kids,I am so happy you had friends over, friends are fun to share, play and just have fun, and is even better when our friends have kids the same age, I can see Leila having fun playing with the kids. Leila you are so precious you look so cute with your tuttoo, wearing necklaces and just being a little girl you starting to have your mommies personality when she was a little girl . Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cynthia, these pictures make me smile! And laugh! Literally I was laughing out loud :) What a fun weekend! Thank You so much for having us, it was perfect! And I have to say the bed was comfortable, we slept awesome! Can't wait to visit you guys again. Our kids have a blast together, they are just all so darn cute. The picture of Mason and Leila hugging is so precious, she is so so so adorable and I know Mason had fun flirting with her :) Lexi still talks about you guys and Leila. And I love that we can pick up where we left off, we miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete