Wednesday, May 11, 2011

131/365

I'm so ready to see my family...and get a break from Utah's crappy weather.

Surprisingly, Leila was an angel on the plane. We flew Southwest and were able to pick our seats and grabbed the front row. Front row = lots of leg room and more room for Leila to move around if she gets restless. 
                                   
Luckily, she had her own seat and sat right in the middle of us. The 2 new toys we bought kept her entertained for the majority of the flight. The flight attendants sat close to us and said, "she's such a well behaved little girl". And she was! Eric and I were both shocked as to how well she did...not that we didn't think she had it in her but with as restless as she is, 2 hours is a long time to sit still. Having her own seat was the only way to do it.

By the time we landed she hadn't slept for over 6 hours and was well overdue for her nap. When we got our rental car and strapped her in, she fussed for 2 minutes and fell right asleep. This girl has surprised us right and left because she never falls asleep in the car seat. Ever. She woke up right as we got off the freeway to Abuelita and Abuelito's house. It's a good thing she got in a power nap because there was a pachanga waiting for us at home. 

My dad grilled up some carne asada and bought the family favorite cake: tres leches all in honor of Mother's Day. We celebrated today because my parents and brother Jimmy just came back from my cousin Pavel's wedding in Mexico City. 
                                  
I don't get to see my closest bro Jimmy very often. He and his wife live in Oregon so it's the best treat in the world when our paths cross because I just love his guts. Here's my sister Ana, Jimmy, and moi.
My brother Billy and his wife Iris. I don't remember what my mom was laughing at...all I know is she was making freshly squeezed lemonade. 
My nephews need to stop growing because I hardly recognize them. Especially Samuel - who obviously doesn't like getting his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment