Saturday, May 14, 2011

134/365

I rekindled my childhood wonder at the San Francisco Zoo today. It feels like just yesterday that I was here, running around and in awe of the exotic animals. I know Leila's young, but I enjoyed giving her the opportunity to learn about the animals. She was such a good little girl at the zoo and I know it's because she was distracted and intrigued by all the beautiful living things around her.

The great thing about having kids is you have more reasons to do fun things. Of course you can go to the zoo if you don't have kids, but it's much more exciting with your little one in tow.
This zoo makes me feel like I'm in Jurassic Park. There are gorgeous, mature trees everywhere and the park is so lush and fresh. Extra perk: it's right next to the Pacific Ocean.
My dad and his bolo hat...gotta love it.
Look...Kellie turned into a spider and Leila a peacock!
When we came across the Lions, Eric turned to me and said "Mufassa". He calls me Mufassa when my hair turns into a fro (never pictured of course).
We ended the day at Fog City Diner where Leila had her first taste of truffled fries.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, all of those posts make me miss SF sooo bad. I think I did leave just a tiny piece of my heart there. What a beautiful place to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spider and peacock are awesome, I totally chuckled :)

    ReplyDelete