Sunday, March 6, 2011

65/365

I found the recipe for Gurus' Cilantro Lime Pesto Pasta...it's one of my favorite things on the menu.
It turned out divine and tasted exactly the same.
I need to make some substitutions because when Eric entered the ingredients into My Fitness Pal, the calories were through the roof...that's why it's so good.


Taking Leila to church has become a challenge. It interferes with her nap and she is fussy half the time so we live in the halls. It can be so easy to bail after sacrament but if we get into the habit of leaving early because Leila is fussy I know we can easily become inactive. It's important that we stay all 3 hours so at least one of us can be spiritually uplifted.

We had stake conference today and Eric let me enjoy it. He took Leila out when she got fussy. I took notes for the both of us. I really needed it. Here are some things that stuck out to me:
- Thank God forever that you may be tested. Your increase in faith in Jesus Christ will not come without a trial to your faith.
- When we make Jesus Christ the center of our life, we'll get through all the things we are faced with.
- Contrary winds will continue to come, but know that He will see us through.
- The minute you take your lives off Jesus, you sink.
One last thing, Brother Holeman said, "every time I read the scriptures I feel the spirit". I will always remember this when reading my scriptures.
Looking forward to general conference next month.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Cyndo. I needed to hear that and may steal some of your notes :) I'm glad you guys aren't going inactive! ;)

    ReplyDelete