Wednesday, March 9, 2011

68/365



Had an active day today. Did half of a Jackie DVD workout, went for a walk by the Utah Lake with Laura and the babes, and went to my first yoga class. Laura and I are going to start hitting up the gym once a week and take a yoga class. Tonight was week one. We got to the gym a little early so we joined the zumba class before yoga started. Zumba is my kind of workout, I love the music and the fast pace. The moves come naturally...the rhythm is in my blood and it feels more like dancing.

Yoga and zumba are like night and day. Going from an upbeat workout to a peaceful one was nice...but I got a little bored at first. I couldn't stop looking at the clock. 7:10, 7:20, really? Ugh, the clock couldn't move any slower. After 7:20 I was pretty into it and didn't look at the clock again until 7:40. I had no idea I could position my body to move that way, but it felt amazing. My arms didn't feel amazing tho, they were killing from doing so many downward facing dog positions. I have a lot of work to do. I knew I'd suck at it because I'm not flexible at all and can't even touch my toes. I will get better, because yoga is my new favorite thing. Yoga truly is relaxing, I've never felt so relaxed and rejuvenated after a workout. It felt similar to how I feel when I get a massage...so light and refreshed, like gumby. I NEED this feeling again...before next week. Wonder if I'll get the same effect with a yoga DVD so I can do it from home.

2 comments:

  1. that jackie dvd is intense, huh? i'm dying during it! i need to do it more often. looks like you had a beautiful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you can get your exercise and dance at the same time. I love to Jass exercise, remember we use to exercise together in the living room. Good all times.

    ReplyDelete