Wednesday, April 20, 2011

110/365

I helped Laura spend her money at Ikea...I'm really good at that. The only thing I picked up was a 17 piece tupperware set for $3.99... are you outta your mind? Now I can organize my tupperware cupboard and chuck my old miss matched ones. 

It was my turn to make dinner for the gang this week, I wanted to try something new so I went to The Pioneer Women and made the best enchilada's (my mom's are still delish but these are pretty amazing). 

We made a few mistakes but since Laura and I made them together we could both take the blame. They were a hit and a keeper for sure. Eric played daddy to Leila and Violet while we made a run to the grocery store. He was so cute with the girls, I couldn't get over it (where was Guthrie you ask, oh he was on his way). 


I don't know what was with us tonight but everything we made came out a little too runny. The sauce for the enchilada's wasn't thick enough and the filling for the key lime pie didn't set, fortunately the flavor wasn't affected. Here is my not so glamorous shot of the pie:


Eric's favorite dessert is key lime pie. I've never attempted to make it because key lime pie seems all too intimidating to me and I end up resorting to the easy desserts (brownies, cake, banana bread, etc.), but this recipe is so easy and better than any store bought pie. The Pioneer Woman is making me look like a good cook. She takes a picture of every step so it really is Cynthia fool proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment