Saturday, April 9, 2011

99/365

As I've mentioned before, we enjoy driving around neighborhoods, looking at homes and dreaming of our future home. Eagle Mountain is an extremely affordable place to build a home. Sure it's in BFE (beyond freakin' Egypt), but with the construction of Pioneer Crossing the commute is a lot shorter. We've never wanted to entertain the thought of living out there because it's, well, out there. Since we're in the market for a new home (we're not too incredibly serious at the moment because of our awesome set up at the storage facility), we figured it'd be smart to explore ALL our options before buying a home and checked out the builders in Eagle Mountain.  

For $129,990 with 1907 sqft you could build yourself a large single family home. Screaming deal! With that low of a mortgage we could afford to travel and then some. Tempting right? We asked ourselves if living out there is really as miserable as we think it would be. The answer: YES! After our drive we concluded we'd go CRAY-CRAY!  The only thing out there are homes, a Wal-Mart, a Smiths, and a few businesses. Think it'll be a decade before it's boomin'. No thanks. We're into the urban living. It reminds me a little too much of movies The Truman Show or The Stepford Wives. Sure it's a safe place to live and raise a family but we'd get so BORED. 

BOTTOM LINE: we'd be happy wherever we decide to build our roots...but this place isn't for us.   

We just want to decide where we want to live and focus on one place. We nixed Eagle Mountain - not that is was on our list in the first place. To continue our neighborhood search, tomorrow we'll venture out to Sugarhouse.

We ventured out to Alpine/Highland to see what kind of homes were for sale in that neck of the woods. We made a pit stop at this delicious place:


Rachel and Emily first introduced me to Blue Lemon years ago and it's divine. I've been dying to take Eric here...he was blown away by its deliciousness. I'm a sucker for soup...tomato basil and butternut squash are two of my fav's. I ordered the butternut squash soup and it knocked my socks off...it rocked my taste buds! It seriously was orgasmic. Hands down the best soup I've ever tasted. If I worked here, I'd make everyone order this soup. Yeah, it's that good. 

The Executive Chef, Todd Leonard, is so talented. During my trip to the bathroom I saw that Blue Lemon offers cooking classes given by Todd. I signed myself up...along with my girls Rachel and Emily. This week they are preparing us for some outdoor summer cooking: using your dutch oven. I've gotta buy me a dutch oven. 
                                   
This girl is obsessed with strings. I love to capture moments like these when she's playing with daddy. She didn't want to get ready for bed...she wanted to play.                                                     

P.S. I always back date my posts if I don't get around to posting on the day I take my pictures. It just makes posting for my project 365 easier. Anyway, it's Monday afternoon and I'm sitting in the office blogging about this post when a tenant comes into rent a unit. He's from Saratoga Springs (right next to Eagle Mountain). I told him how funny because I'm actually blogging about his neck of the woods. I asked him how he likes living out there. He said he loves it and doesn't have one bad thing to say about the community...except that he doesn't like is the 25 min commute to Orem and that it's still being developed (no movie theater, mall, etc.). He said Saratoga Springs is definitely nicer than Eagle Mountain and he wouldn't want to live out there either. Hhmm, interesting. To me they are one in the same. Overall, he said its a great place to live.  

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, Love blue lemon too! Can't wait for our cooking class tomorrow. I've been dreaming about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy and leila having fun .
    love it.

    ReplyDelete