Wednesday, June 8, 2011

159/365

Laura and I decided to sign the girls up for swim lessons since we'll be hitting up the pool all summer. My friend who's a nurse at Primary Children's Hospital told me that the drowning rates triple in the summer. That scares me to death and breaks my heart every time I hear that a kid has drowned on the news, so I'm gonna make sure my little Leila can swim.

I didn't think for a second that Leila wouldn't love the lessons because she enjoys bath time and the 2x we've taken her to the pool. I soon realized that just because she likes to splash in the water doesn't mean she likes to "swim". In the class, one of the things we needed to do was completely dunk them in the water, I think I was more nervous to do it than she was but Leila was a champ. She was over it about half way through the class and cried until we got home where she took a nice long 3.25 hour nap. Poor thing was exhausted.

Wednesday's are back to back pool days so when Eric got off work we headed over to Seven Peaks for a quick swim and to Slab for the best pizza in town.

1 comment: