Tuesday, June 21, 2011

summer solstice

Happy first day of summer! Forecast say's its gonna be a hot one!

Here's to BBQ's, s'smores, farmer's markets, park silly days, sunglasses, long runs, bike rides, h2o, shorts, skirts, brown skin, summer reads, shady trees, lemonade, sweat, fresh fruit, corn stands, sun screen, fireworks, camping, outdoor concerts, movies under the stars, festivals, outdoor vendors, warm breezes, sunsets, ice cream cones, and popsicles. Bring it on summer...we're ready! Sometimes I get a little carried away in the summer - and Eric thinks I'm crazy with all the things I want to do - so we'll see what we have time for...especially with LM but it'll be so much more fun with her.

Today is the longest day of the year and we celebrated by getting the best snow cone ever and taking a short walk up Provo Canyon. It didn't get pitch black outside until almost 10pm. The only sad news is after today, the days are going to get shorter.

4 comments:

  1. I want to eat that snowcone right now. I love summer too! You are going to love it with the little miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k i seriously need to go to that snow cone place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that snow cone place, best ones for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good thing about the days getting shorter is that it starts getting dark when the kiddos go to bed. I really want them to see the stars, but they just can't seem to stay up that late. :)

    P.S. I'm really not a Tom's hater ;)

    ReplyDelete