Thursday, June 9, 2011

160/365

I've loved Brett Dennen from the moment I heard his music and have been a huge fan ever since. He's original, talented, and his lyrics are so good. This was my first time seeing him in concert and it won't be the last because he was absolutely spectacular. Aside from Fall Out Boy and the Black Eyed Peas, this was the best show ever! I loved that it was in a small venue because it was that much more intimate.
Brett is fun to watch because he's so into his music, he dances along and does these cute little bum/shimmy shakes and invited everyone in the crowd to dance along. Brett seems so genuine and I love that he talked to us folks. He told us a story about a girl that he had a huge crush on in high school. They went to prom together then she moved to Utah and married a boy from BYU and now they have 4 kids...he still seemed pretty bummed about it. Man if I went to prom with Brett Dennen I'd never let him go and it's quite possible because he's from Northern California...kidding babe! 
My favorite part of the night was Brett's acoustic encore, just him and his guitar on the stage. He had all of us in silence listening to his amazing-ness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment