Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sleepless in Orem

We've been having some sleepless nights in the Fuessel home.

Leila's getting four new teeth, think she'll be rockin' six teeth by her 1st birthday. When her bottom two came in she was a champ but these four aren't coming in so softly. The past week has been a challenge for all three of us because Leila's lost interest in drinking milk, eating food, and sleeping - doing all three of these things is a chore. We've tried all the teething remedies and tylenol/oragel seem to work best but I don't want to make it a habit. I've tried this herbal thing and it didn't seem to help much. There's gotta be something better out there.

Leila's recently decided that one short nap is enough. Though she's tired and rubbing her eyes she refuses to sleep, so putting her down for bed has been a challenge too and I feel like we're going back to her infant days of trying to get her on a sleep schedule. Last night was probably one the roughest nights Eric and I have had as parents. We put her down at 8 but she only slept for 40 min, then woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 1am. We did every possible thing to soothe her; she'd fall asleep in my arms (rare) and when I put her back in her crib she wouldn't stay asleep.

We eventually brought her in bed with us and that surprisingly worked because she prefers sleeping in her crib. It was kinda fun to have a "slumber party" in our bed but tossed, turned and kicked all night. I don't want Leila sleeping in our bed to become routine but every now and then is fine by me.

She's napping right now and has been for the last 2 hours. I'm praying tonight will be better.

I welcome any suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I hope you guys and Leila have gotten back to a schedule! That does sound pretty rough, poor Leila and definitely no fun for you either. I'll write ya an email or call ya later cause this was going to be long when I started typing it :) Easier to talk in person.

    ReplyDelete