Thursday, February 10, 2011

41/365

Had an unplanned visit to an all too familiar place this week...

Let's just say we both woke up the next morning thinking, "what if we're pregnant!?!?". Oh no, not another prophylactic malfunction! Might I add that Leila was a beautiful, wonderful, blessing of an accident!

Last week I was thinking that I could maybe, possibly be preggers. Not quite ready for my time to be split between Leila and another baby just yet.

Days passed and I forgot about what could be. Until this morning when all of a sudden I felt nauseous. Then I got this really bad taste in my mouth (both symptoms of pregnancy).

I called my OB right away and made an appointment to get a free pregnancy test.

Once we got to the hospital I took a urine sample and waited 3 long minutes. Raquel (my fave nurse) walks towards me with the potentially life changing news.

NEGATIVE!!

She said "negative!" then adds, "I totally thought you were pregnant". Relief came over me and she showed me the little stick to prove it.

Alleliuah, I did the happy dance all day long.
The first thing I told her was "sign me up for the mini pill please"
Condoms aren't cutting it for us, we need to be double protected. 

The next baby WILL BE planned!

4 comments:

  1. What?! I would have been freaking out!!! Though another baby E/Cyndo would have been cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was pregnant too when Ash was about 5 months. woke up sick and crampy. It definitly is a scary thought! I love my baby...but just one for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what happened to us when Max was WHAT...only 3 months!!! Yep, having 2 babies is pretty much the most difficult thing I have ever done, but after the first 6 weeks we got a routine down and I just love them soooo much. Then I had a scare of a 3rd baby(I know, we're like rabbits, right?) so now we have a nice little IUD to keep us safe for a while :)

    ReplyDelete