Saturday, February 26, 2011

57/365

Today will change my life foreva!

Ever since I heard about the Brazillian Blowout treatment I've been DYING to get it. The blowout is supposed to straighten my hair - like I get out of the shower and it air dries straight, yeah, AH-MAZING! The catch: it only lasts UP TO 12 weeks. Of course, it has a pretty price tag too...a whopping $300. I know once I get it I'd be hooked so I don't think my wallet can afford me to spend $300 4x a year (let alone once a year). I've contemplated whether I should get this treatment for quite some time. 

Until...

Groupon saved the day...and my wallet. For $99 buckaroos I could get something similar, the Kerafusion Keratin treatment (this keratin treatment is popping up everywhere). The second I saw this groupon I bought it. It claims to be better than the Brazillian Blowout because it's FDA approved (the only one of its kind so far) and lasts 3-6 months. Sorry Brazillian, I found something a lot better. To top it off, since I purchased it on groupon, the salon will honor the $99 price EVERY TIME I want to get it done. SCORE!

There's been a lot of talk going on in the news about this Brazillian straightening trend and how it can be harmful to your health. No worries ya'll, I did my research and the Kerafusion has less than 1.3% formaldehyde (Brazillian has 4-12%). California even sued Brazillian Blowout for having too much formaldehyde. I feel good about it and if I don't like, well, then I just have to deal with my uneven curly frizz forever.

Side note: When I buy new clothes, I sometimes like to save them and not wear them right away (depends on the item). Eric is the complete opposite. The second he buys something new he wears it that day if he can. Well, I purchased the groupon back in January. I've been "saving" it until I get closer to summer so I don't have to worry about my frizzy hair at the pool. I decided I couldn't stand my hair anymore and was getting it done NOW. I made an appointment and now I'm on my way to shiny, sleek hair. 

Here are some photos of my curly frizz. Sometimes I can have a good hair day but for the most part it's just not cute. Like the LAST pic, oh my was that a BAD HAIR DAY! It might help if I put some type of product in my hair.

I'm low maintenance. What you see here is au naturale...no product, no brushing, just blah. Although I should, I don't like using product in my hair because I feel like it leaves it greasy. So I just wash n' go.

Just imagine the images below in black and white like you see in the infomercials.


We always want what we can't have. I wish my hair was straight or that my curls were more defined and not so uneven. So I get to the salon and the girl doing my hair says she wished she had my hair, ha, are you kidding?! Gross! She said this treatment won't give me straight hair, it will just eliminate the frizz and make it easier to blow dry/straighten. Hey, I'll take that. 2 1/2 hours later I walk outta the salon with straight filmy hair. Yeah... filmy from the product. They put the product in my hair, blowdry it, and straighten it. I can't wash it out for 24-72 hours.

To add to the torture, I can't wear it in a ponytail or do anything that will put a kink in my hair. These next couple days will be fun. Can't wait to see what it does. Oh, and there were no harsh fumes, my eyes didn't sting, and we didn't need a ventilation system. The product even smelt good. My hairstylist said it's less damaging then dying my hair or getting a perm.

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see how it turns out!! you have to post some "after" pictures :) i'm still debating if i should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's interesting how when someone has something...they want something else. I would love to have even just a bit of curl in my hair. it won't stay curled for even a half a day. It is as straight as a board and so fine it won't even stay up in a ponytail I have to fix it throughout the day. but I hope it all works out for ya...ps...funny thing...the few times that i have seen you you've always had straight hair I actually didn't even know you had so much curl :) haha

    ReplyDelete