Saturday, February 19, 2011

50/365

Got my hair done. It took ALL DAY! I was kinda bored with my hair a couple months ago and wanted to go as light as possible without bleaching. It resulted in a whopping 2 shades lighter (no one really noticed, but it was a big enough difference for me). I'd love for my color to be a lighter brown but it's too much work. I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair and don't like to spend BUCO bucks. Paul Mitchell the School is my go to place. I always leave happy and its light on my wallet. Pay $35 and I'm out the door with a  new color, new cut, and styled. Sweeeet! 

My roots started showing recently so it was about time to get it redone. Didn't like that one bit so back to my natural color I went. Low maintenance. Easy. Cheap. Shouldn't have dyed it in the first place.

Ok, I take the easy part back. I love Paul Mitchell but it's honestly a 3 hour ordeal. I know, I get what I pay for. Students...sheesh! This time it was 4 hours before I was out the door (they got a late start because they forgot about me but it resulted in a 25% discount). My hairstylist was so sweet and very personable, she was just uber slow. Had to go to phase 1 this time...I'll never do that again! 


Daddy was glad when I finally arrived home. We had some spending to do. Express was having a sale. Everything in the store was buy one get one half off. I had giftcards and coupons up the wazoo. It was time to spend it. I loved working at Express. It's hard to pay full price now so we shop the sales. Express has the best sales ever!

Later we met up with Eric's old mission companion, Danny and his wife Cathy. We've all become good friends. We got married and had a baby around the same time. They live in southern Utah so it was good to catch up at our fave restaurant Goodwood. Honey Stung Chicken Sandwich is our staple. Danny is a pilot and we've been meaning to take a trip together for the longest time. They were so close to joining us when Eric and I went to the Philippines. We tried for a trip again this month but this time we couldn't make it. We're hoping it'll happen SOON.


Notice how Leila is ALWAYS reaching for other kids? Leila gets so excited around other babies and always wants to touch them. Watch out Ashlynn...here comes Leila!

1 comment:

  1. when i was still in college i got my haircut at a beauty school and it took seriously like 3 hours. i swore id never go back again. but then again, that price is pretty tempting!!! p.s. i like that you took pictures of yourself at the salon haha

    ReplyDelete