Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Castles

Last week for FHE we went to the magical Midway Ice Castles with our buddies Kaitlyn and Nate. Ah-mazing! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this place, it was a dream! And to think it was created with sprinklers. I felt like I was in some Alaskan getaway. Brent, the guy in the middle of the 2nd to last picture, is the creator. 










What he does is just so breathtaking. We became really good friends, and he's from the Bay so even better! He started this beauty last year and recreated it even bigger and better this year. So much work goes into the upkeep of these icicles. We tried to talk him into turning it into an ice skating rink next year...His wife got excited but he wasn't too sure. 

We were able to use this cool sled to pull little miss Leila around. It rocked her to sleep, thank goodness because I did not want her cute little nose to turn to ice. Despite the freezing cold weather, it was worth it and quite romantic. We stopped at the local pizzeria to warm up with some hot chocolate and yummy bread sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment