Sunday, February 27, 2011

58/365

Our power was turned off AGAIN so the house felt like it was 50 degrees.
We dressed Leila in her warmest outfit...the bear suit. It was hilarious because she couldn't move. Every time we tried to sit her up she'd fall right over. Eric and I couldn't stop laughing. She was not happy and hated it.


We ended Eric's birthday week with the traditional birthday dinner at his parents house. Speaking of traditions, whenever its someones birthday they get to eat on the "you are special today" plate.






I'm glad that Leila knows her Great Grandfather Fuessel and that he is in her life. He's cute with her. Eric and I both only have one grandparent living. 

I hope that Leila can one day meet my Papa. He lives in Alabama and I haven't seen him in a couple years. He has poor health so hopefully we can see him soon. We named Leila's middle name after my Grammy...Leila Mae. I just love my Papa so much and have the fondest memories with him. He is the sweetest little old man and has a great sense of humor. When he and Grammy lived in Mesa, AZ we would visit them at least once a year on our yearly drive down to Mexico to see my mom's side of the fam. He had a little red scooter and would always take me out for a ride. Those were the good ol' days.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha she looks so funny in that bear suit just lying there! (p.s. we have that 'you are special today' plate too. love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah!!! Reminds me of Christmas Story... "I can't put my arms down!!"

    ReplyDelete